Reasonable Suspicion/Cause Class
Tuesday March 26, 2019
Friday March 29, 2019
8:00am – 12:00pm
Non Members: $295
Taking and completing this course and examination will result in the individual being qualified to conduct reasonable suspicion evaluations and referrals for testing.
This course will exceed the federal requirements for all USDOT modes. Non-regulated employers will be fully qualified as well.
2. Purpose of Reasonable Suspicion/Cause Testing Regulations Application
3. Signs and symptoms of Drugs – 1 Hour (Meets USDOT requirements)
4. Signs and symptoms of Alcohol – 1 Hour (Meets USDOT requirements)
5. How to conduct the evaluation
Live demonstrations show techniques of evaluating, examples of avoidance, and the methods by which observations are transitioned from witnessed to articulated in documentation. NDASA will also address the barriers to reasonable suspicion/cause testing and how to mitigate obstacles, including support from management, legal issues, and team dynamics.
6. Examination- 20-question test. 90% required to pass
Successful completion of this course earns the trainee a professional certification.