The Opiod Crisis-Opiod Watch
On may 8, 2018 the Opiod Research Institute shared an Interview with IBH President Robert L. Dupont, MD which focuses on the National Opiod Epidemic and the public health crisis that faces our Nation. Here are some key takeaways from the interview:
- Psychiatrist Robert L. DuPont, MD, has been campaigning against opioid addiction for 50 years.
- In a new Q&A, he says that the opioid crisis, “the defining epidemic of the 21st Century,” needs a “new narrative.”
- “What’s killing these people is not just opioids. It’s opioids in combination with other drugs of abuse.”
- “The global illegal market is switching from agricultural products to purely synthetic drugs.”
- “So illegal drug users … are able to buy more drugs, at higher potency, and lower prices, with more convenient delivery, than ever before.”
- “We need to end the war between the treatment modalities.”